nitzanschwarz1

Afterwords

I'm just a girl who loves reading more than life itself. A day without a book is a day gone wrong, in my opinion :) Looking forward to meeting new people, talking to them about books and spreading the bookish love!

Review: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

City of Ashes  - Cassandra Clare

Back when I first read City of Bones, I picked up City of Ashes. I opened the book, read the prologue, closed the book - and never opened it again.
I can't even tell you what went wrong; as best as I can figure out, I simply wasn't in the right mind frame for it. But whatever it was, it nagged in my head for a long time afterwards, and made it difficult opening the book again.

But this weekend, I decided I've had enough of it. I took City of Ashes, and City of Ashes only, with me for a short vacation with my parents, thus guaranteeing I'll read it.
Turns out, I needn't have worried - I didn't need much initiative to read the book once I started.
In fact, despite it being a very busy weekend filled with shopping and outdoors activities, I still managed to read about 100 pages a day!

City of Ashes, for me, was a lot better than City of Bones. Can't even put my finger on exactly how, but that's how I feel.

I got to like Clary better in this book. I never hated her, but I was never sure I liked her, you know? ...

**To read the rest of this review, click the title!**