nitzanschwarz1

Afterwords

I'm just a girl who loves reading more than life itself. A day without a book is a day gone wrong, in my opinion :) Looking forward to meeting new people, talking to them about books and spreading the bookish love!

Review: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Twilight - Stephenie Meyer, Stephenie Meyer

The Twilight series is one of my favorites. I have a lot of issues with the following books, but that doesn't change the fact I enjoyed all books immensely and that they are one of those series I read and re-read many times.

If anything can be said about Twilight - is that it got me back to reading after a couple dry years. It reminded me why I liked reading so much and sent me flying back in, and for that I owe it a lot.

The first book of the saga is my favorite, and the only one in the series I gave 5 stars to. It was before we encountered annoying love triangles and abandoning boyfriends. Before unplanned pregnancies and creepy imprints. It was the simplest, purest of the four, and therefor my favorite.

The heroine of the story is Bella Swan, and the story is told from her point of view. I find her very likable in this book; she's smart, active, knows what she wants and pretty much goes after it. One might say she's pretty courageous as well--even though sparkling vampires are not really the most frightening creatures one can think of.
My impression of Bella changed drastically the following books, which is a shame, but lets not talk about that now.

Then there's the love interest, Edward Cullen. I think he's pretty swoon worthy this book. He's sweet and caring, as different from a cold blooded killer as can be. He thinks he's got no soul, but acts so much differently. He tries to scare Bella away - but it doesn't work.

The supportive characters are also well done and add volume to the story. Emmett and Alice are my favs here, for sure ;)

The bad guy is... meh. I've seen a lot worse. But this story isn't really about fighting the bad guy, so that's okay.

The Romance in the book is pretty sweet - they feel like they're meant for one another. It was so lovely to see Bella sit with Edward after she knew what he was, and their kisses were so sweet. The way they're ready to sacrifice for one another is also very sweet.

The Plot as I said before its pretty pure and simple - it's a love story between two people with a paranormal edge to it, that's all. It's not meant to be serious and deep, or anything like that. It's a book that's fun to read, a book about the kind of love we want to have. All those people making a big deal of it - how sparkling vampires are silly and all that... I don't look at it like that. I look at it as a book I enjoyed reading very much. A book I couldn't put down. That's all. I'm not going to try dissecting the plot because really - it's pretty simple. Still, I loved it.

In conclusion; I loved the first book of the Twilight Saga. I don't look too deeply into the book, because I think it's just a fun, simple love story - and it isn't meant to be more than that.

Source: http://drugscalledbooks.blogspot.co.il/2012/11/review-twilight-by-stephenie-meyer.html