nitzanschwarz1

Afterwords

I'm just a girl who loves reading more than life itself. A day without a book is a day gone wrong, in my opinion :) Looking forward to meeting new people, talking to them about books and spreading the bookish love!

Review: Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

The Son of Neptune - Rick Riordan

find it kind of hard to review this book, but I'm going to give it my best shot, okay?
Don't ask me why it's hard. It's just is. This is the first proper review I'm writing to any of Riordan's books, which now that I think about it its kind of odd. But there you have it.

In the spirit of full disclosure, it took me much longer than it should've to read this book. Almost a full week. Not because there is some kind of problem with the book, mind you, but because I have been busy and tired and found barely any time to read this week.

The Writing

Son of Neptune is written from three different POVs, in third-person. We get 4 chapters in a row from each point of view.
I felt this book was written a bit differently than the others, or maybe it's just me having read the last book over a year ago. But we saw a lot of flashbacks in this, straight from the beginning. We also had to have a lot explained to us since we found ourselves in a completely new camp, so perhaps that's the reason.
As always, the writing does not disappointRiordan is a master at what he does.

What did bother me was...

**To read the full review, click the title!!**