nitzanschwarz1

Afterwords

I'm just a girl who loves reading more than life itself. A day without a book is a day gone wrong, in my opinion :) Looking forward to meeting new people, talking to them about books and spreading the bookish love!

Review: The Stillburrow Crush by Linda Kage

The Stillburrow Crush - Linda Kage

**To read the full review, click the title!**

So, deciding to read this book didn't come easy. It sounded like something I'd like, but its rating on GR is not that high. Eventually, I succumbed and read it. And I'm happy I did, because I really enjoyed this book! And to think I nearly stopped half way through because of some stupid spoiler I read that took things way out of context and made me think I'm going to hate a character in this book. Pfft.

This book opens with a promise of a death. Literally; we find ourselves in the middle of a funeral, but we don't know whose and what's the connection to the story. Carrie, the voice and main character of the book, starts recalling what led to it. So, basically, the entire book until we reach the funeral again is a flashback.
The plot itself is nothing outstanding, nothing new; girl in the bottom of the social pyramid meets boy ruling said pyramid and can't help falling for his charms, and somehow – he can't help falling for hers. What made this book interesting were the characters.

Carrie – well, she was hard to pin down. Mostly because I had a love-hate relationship with her. She was kind of (and sometimes darn right) mean at points, but she was also very honest and sassy, and I enjoyed hearing her voice as the story teller. I sometimes felt like she made too big a deal of something, but it was just part of her. I can't tell you how overjoyed I was when...